Monday, July 4, 2011

My First Day

Wow! What a day. My name is Sienna. I'm an eight week old Golden Retriever. I was bred by New Horizons Service dogs. Today, I left home for the first time to begin my new life. This is my story.

It started with a take a long trip from Jacksonville to New Horizons Service Dogs in Deland. Not sure why. Later I found out I was going to be introduced to my two new moms - Peggy Hoyt and Ellen Hall. I'm destined to be a service dog and they are my puppy trainers.

After we got introduced, I was allowed to play with some five week old puppies. I'm eight weeks so I'm much bigger than they are. I guess I was playing too rough because I got removed from the pen. There were also some five day old puppies but they wouldn't let me play with them at all.

Next, they put me in their car and took my on another long ride, to Oviedo. There I got introduced to my Momma Ellen's house. She had a whole basket of cat toys! That was fun - I picked out a whole bunch that I liked. Daddy Rich wanted to play tag! I was happy to oblige.

But I wasn't home for the evening yet. After another ride out to Chuluota, I met my new sister, Leiden, Corkie, Fawn, Tobie and Kira. They were all pretty nice to me - not really sure why I was there and what I was doing. I don't think they want me to stay. Still they were pretty nice to me.

After I met my Daddy Joe, it was time to feed the horses. That was fun, except I had to be tied up while my Peggy Mom was doing the horse thing. Tobie and Fawn kept me company because I wasn't really sure about being tied up. I like to run around.

We spent some time teaching me to walk around the yard on a leash. Sometimes I did really good and other times I just sat there - not really sure what I'm supposed to do. What is this thing around my neck and why do these people want me to follow them?

Finally, dinner was served. I was really hungry after my big day. I almost ate a whole bowl of food. Then it was time for another walk around the yard. All I really want to do is take a nap.

At last, I got to come in the house. They made a nice bed for me in the TV room, and even gave me a weasel to play with. I'm really tired so I took a nap while Peggy Momma and Daddy Joe were making dinner. It's been a really big day.

I heard I was going to fireworks tomorrow - something about the Fourth of July! What's that?


2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet baby. One of the gals at Stetson that is on our MainStreet DeLand board has one of these puppies too. Savannah Atkins Griffin and her hubby. Such a sweet baby. Don't know how you will ever be able to give them up. But such a great need for these animals.
    Come see me next time you are in DeLand.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Peggy. She's so adorable - you must be in heaven. Kudos to you for raising her to be a service dog.

    ReplyDelete