Sunday, July 17, 2011

I'm back, in case you missed me!

In case you were wondering where I was, I was at my Momma Ellen's house while my Peggy Mom and Daddy Joe went to South Carolina on a vacation. Really, I think they could have taken me, but they only took my sister, Leiden. Still, I had a really fun time and hardly even missed them at all.

But, I was really glad to see them when they picked me up last night on their way home - they didn't even go the the house first - they just came right over and picked me up! I think they missed me.

I've had a little bit of an icky tummy, but Peggy Mom made me some brown rice and I'm starting to feel a lot better. I wasn't exactly what you'd call potty trained while I was at Momma Ellen's. I made a couple of big mistakes on her carpet. She says it's all part of my training, but I'm thinking I better get this figured out fast!

Two things happened while Peggy Mom as away - I went to puppy class on Wednesday. I did a whole lot better than last week - I guess I know now you have to go there and learn stuff, not just lie around on the grass and watch what everyone else is doing. Anyway, I'm learning to heel real well.

Also, I went to a puppy rally for New Horizons Service Dogs! That's what I'm going to call it because it was kind of like a class, but different, so more like a rally. There were lots more people there and there were a lot of dogs that looked like me, only bigger. They had their very own people and had very important jobs to do. Momma Ellen said I stole the show when I did my heel and grabbed my leash in my mouth strutting down the aisle!

Well, now that I'm back on the farm, life is a little different. Here I have five sisters - they are starting to like me better. I also have to help feed the horses, which I did this morning. I did not go potty in the house once all day, either. But, I did get my first bath! Nice warm sudsy water. I think I'm going to like water. When do I get to swim in the pool?

I've also been taking a lot of naps and eating a bunch! This country air makes me hungry, then it makes me tired, then it makes me hungry. Tomorrow, I have to go to the office and then back to Momma Ellen's. We'll talk soon. Chow.

No comments:

Post a Comment